FAQs - Medicine in Motion
page-template-default,page,page-id-16521,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-9.1.3,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.5,vc_responsive


Frequently Asked Questions

What is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist?

Accredited exercise physiologists (AEPs) are allied health professionals who hold a four-year university degree. AEP’s specialise in the delivery of exercise for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries, providing support for patients with conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, mental health problems, cancer, arthritis, pulmonary disease and more. All of Medicine in Motion’s AEPs are registered with Medicare Australia, the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and WorkCover and are recognised by most private health insurers.

What is the difference between an Exercise Physiologist and Physiotherapist?

The type of conditions treated by both will include musculoskeletal injuries and chronic disease. The clientele of each will range from children to the elderly. Both professions aim to increase the health and quality of life of their clients.
Physiotherapists use various treatments such as joint mobilisation and manipulation, massage, electrotherapy, acupuncture, therapeutic exercise and hydrotherapy. There are main types of Physiotherapy.
Exercise Physiologist’s use exercise and physical activity for treatment but also look at lifestyle and behaviour modification. They are experts in exercise rehabilitation and metabolic conditions. Their role is to prevent or manage chronic disease, injury and disability.
Both have a role in helping you maintain your health, wellness and quality of life. Consult your General Practitioner as to which professional will benefit you the most.

What is the difference between an Exercise Physiologist and a Personal Trainer?

Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are not Personal Trainers. AEPs are allied-health professionals with Medicare Provider numbers and are trained members of the health and medical sector. Fitness professionals (e.g. personal trainers) are members of the sport and recreation sector.

Can I pay with credit card?

Yes, credit card payments are accepted.

Can I claim your services with my private health insurance?

27 out of 35 private health insurers offer rebates on Exercise Physiology services. Talk to your insurer about your level of cover and if you are eligible for a rebate.

Do I need a referral from my GP?

  • If you are a private patient, a referral is not necessary.
  • If you require treatment for a workers compensation or CTP insurance claim, then a doctor’s referral is necessary.

Where are you located?

We currently operate from 3 gyms on the NSW south coast

  • Nowra: 9/28 Central Ave, South Nowra
  • Vincentia: The Wool Rd, Vincentia (Inside the Bay & Basin Leisure Centre
  • Ulladulla: 139 Warden St, Ulladulla

In addition, we are available for home visits.

Do you offer hydrotherapy?

Yes, we offer hydrotherapy services in Bomaderry, Vincentia, Sussex Inlet and Ulladulla.

Do you take on students for professional placement?

Yes, we are more than happy to help university students achieve their professional placement hours. Contact us on 0433637934 to discuss how we can assist you.